Thursday, May 8, 2014

Rollercoaster Ride

Its been a very up-down type of month+ around the Fecht Farm!  In April our club had our Inaugural Hunt Test.. couldnt have been a better weekend!  We missed the rain somehow and put on a very good weekend.  B*U*S*Y though, whew was I glad when it was over...  exhausted!  Derek was grandfathered in to our club as a Started Judge, so he judged Saturday and Sunday, he had a great time and really enjoyed it.  He has now been asked to judge for Olympic Rainshadow in a few weeks, so that is awesome..  It's not a paid job, but it shows the respect from the other clubs that think he is skilled and knowledgeable enough to judge since passing/failing dogs is a big deal..  When a dog passes, its a National Points system, so it matters!!

The weekend after our Hunt Test, we spent it out helping Whistling Wings with their test..  they were not so lucky on the weather though and it was pretty miserable at times!  And then the weekend after that, we had a training day..  I was ready for a break after a solid month of nothing but dogs!!  Cooper is progressing pretty well, we are ready to start asking more of him, although we did learn that if we work too hard and too many days, he will possibly go into shut-down mode..  I think we got a bit excited about moving forward with him and although our training sessions were short, we got a bit ahead of ourselves and Cooper proceeded to show us where we went wrong!  lol  But it's really great to have friends who see whats going on and are able to talk to us about it and help us work through this.

We have yet to get pregnant... booooo  and its not for lack of trying!  ;)  Definately that is not the problem..  Maybe trying too hard, maybe too stressed, maybe to anxious, maybe some depression, maybe timing just not quite right...  I am trying to stay positive that things will fall into place as they are meant to, but sometimes it's really hard, hence the minor depression issue!  Stress is probably the biggest factor, I need to stop and I cant figure out how..  Boeing is still the biggest issue I think because we both want it so bad for Derek and so far, nothing until now has progressed with that, except frustration.

They posted the same job he was already hired for, again in Everett.. but it appears he has to hold tight for the process and hope the computer sets him aside for an interview.. Incredibly frustrating, especially when they seem to take about 45-60 days to get to that point from date of job posting.  JUST today, he was notified that he has an interview for a Grade 5 position in Everett.  The previous job was a Grade 8.  So a big let-down as far as not getting an interview yet for the job he wants, but a big + in that he will take any job to get in the door and hope to do a transfer into the Grade 8 position.  We hear its pretty easy once you are in and they are currently hiring for Grade 8.....  So my fingers are crossed that the interview in 5 days goes well and a job is offered.  Unemployment runs out in 2 weeks..  But I will be Thankful and think positive that this is going to happen and shortly after, we will get pregnant..  cuz if we dont get pregnant this month, then I have an appointment with my Dr to discuss our options moving forward and if we need any "help" of some sort to make this happen.

Derek finally finished his dog trailer!  A lot of time and work went into it and we get many comments and questions about it when we take it to the hunt tests and practices..  Its pretty awesome.  Ellie has decided though, that when Cooper gets to go places, she should get to go too and a few times she has refused to get back in the gate when we're getting ready to leave with Cooper.. so she's been a bit of a tagalong lately, but the trailer works great for that!

Edgar came back home to us..  Didnt work out with Amber.. He was actually great, but she was riding 2-4hr trail rides 3-4times a week and he just was not staying sound at all from that..  too much!  :)  So I'm now in search of a new home for him, hoping to find the right situation.  He is such an awesome horse, I really do hate to let him go, but I cant afford to keep him year round and I'd rather see him used than sitting doing nothing.

I'm still swimming 3 days a week, well when its not "shark week".. that's what Derek calls it, that week where women should stay out of swimming pools!  :)  I think I'm finally starting to get a grasp on getting back into Weight Watchers, mentally..  I've been back in since November and have not progressed.. Oh I've gained some, then lost some.. but still within 2 pounds of where I started back then..  :(  But I think my depression is subsiding and my motivation to continue on the right track is gaining, therefore I think I'm starting to head towards loosing again.. weight that is!  Still have this hurdle of getting to the 60lb loss to conquer, but I'm closer than ever before.  I think once I cross over that, I'll be on my way.

No comments: