Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Edgar's New Home

A couple days ago, we moved Edgar up to his new home, with one of my best friend's Amber!  It took some convincing to talk Amber into taking him, I really felt he was the perfect horse for what she needed right now, but she was concerned about his Age and his Soundness issues..  I didnt want to be the pushy friend trying to "dump" my horse on her, as that is NOT what I was doing, I wanted her to really know I was thinking of her and her family.

She decided to give it a go, but wanted a pre-purchase vet check.  No problem..  She paid to have one done, and he passed pretty well.  Vet said he was a little under weight (I HATE when that happens) and not in working condition (which I knew obviously) but that his heart seemed good, he was a little wormy, he passed the lameness/stress test better than I expected him to and he only showed minor lameness in his rear right hock.  I didnt expect that, so that was good.  Vet actually said with the type of arthritis that he seemed to show, keeping him in working condition is far better for him than just sitting.  Music to Amber's ears!

After the vet visit, we hauled him to her place and he seemed content and happy in his new surroundings, even managed to get a nice roll in the soft dirt!

This is his new human best friend Natalie!  She was very excited and I see many happy days for those 2.

 This is his new pasture mate best friend June Bug!  She's a little doll, a mini mare I helped find for Amber I think about 18 months ago or more...  Super sweet little thing

And cute as a button!!

I'm excited for Edgar, Amber & her girls (Natalie & Serena).  He will be worked often, loved on daily, well fed (unlike the last gal I tried giving him to) and overall a happy awesome life ahead for him.  Its been a bit of a drama filled few weeks with Suzi (who was leasing him at our house) as she's struggled with letting go of Edgar and to her, its like her world was shattered into pieces.. I have to remind myself she is a kid and although I'm happy about this change, she is devastated.  But she did make this choice and it was the right choice as he was no longer suitable for her needs and Amber's family is a much better fit at this time in his life.  :)  

No comments: