Friday, January 24, 2014

Again, my apologies..

I feel pretty busy and seems like a lot is going on, but whenever someone asks me about life these days, I have no idea what we've been up to!  lol

The first Sunday in January, we spent the day in Vancouver BC.  Well not quite the entire day!  My 40th Birthday present (from back in Oct), the day had finally arrived!!  We were headed up to see the Cavalia production of Odysseo.  Since it was for a special occassion and we both needed something fun, special, amazing and relaxing to do, to bring in the new year, we spent the money for the good seats!  I wanted front row, center stage seats and the only way to do that is to go VIP.  It was a great experience!!  We were served a delicious brunch 1.5hrs before the show started with all you can eat and drink.  During intermission, we also were treated to all you can eat dessert buffet.. we did not leave there hungry!  And the show..  well it was nothing less than amazing and beautiful!  As a VIP, we also were allowed to tour the barn/stables, which was not too exciting for us, we see horses in their stalls every day.. but we did walk through and enjoyed the whole experience..  Would love to be able to afford VIP every time they come to town!

Pictures are not allowed during the show, but here are a few from their website and a glimpse of what we experienced.
 
 
 
 



Our Hunting Retriever Club has been getting more active as the new year starts, so that's taken up some of our time.  A couple meetings and then a day of sewing!  We had to work on building some holding/winger blinds so we spent 8 hours last weekend working on them.. We had 16 blinds to finish, we got probably 75% of it done!  

I've handed over about 90% of the Cascade Horse Club treasurer responsibilities now, planning to hand over the rest of it tonight!  Whoohoo..  really glad to be done with that for a while.  Although I will still advise when I am needed.  

We had decided a while back that we didnt want to have any horse expenses this year, with the career change and baby-making plans, so we gave Suzi the option to pick which horse she'd like to lease for the year.  She decided Hula was the better option for her moving forward, which I feel is best as well.  Suzi now wants to lope a lot and really push the horses more and herself more, Edgar just will not hold up for that.  So we are giving him to my friend Amber.  He is the perfect safe family horse for her and her girls.  Natalie is 7 and Serena is 3 and he will take care of them!  Hula will be more challenge for Suzi as she is not quite as laid back as Edgar, but shes still an awesome horse and will force Suzi to learn how to ride even better.  Ive ridden Hula twice in the past week and I sure am enjoying it!  She could use a major refresher and I'd like to do it, but not sure that is feasible right now.  I may try to haul her out to ride a few times a week to get her going and back on track..  we will see.

Derek's been busy working on his math class every day and working in the shop.  He's converting the paint booth over to a wood shop and he is really enjoying his time out there building new things!  He did this window wrapping for our living room and will eventually do all the windows & doors.
Slowly we work on getting things done around the house.. slowly.  But its coming along.  Derek hopes to get this math class squared away by about mid Feb I think it is..  Then he'll be able to move forward into finding a job as an apprentice..  

He also built this awning over the shop door, since we lost our gutters a few years ago to a heavy snow, he was tired of getting soaked as he unlocked the shop!

This week he's been down at the Sportsman Show in Puyallup all week.  Pat Murphy manages the property where we hold our training days and he got a double booth down there, so Derek is there to help Pat out and promote Pat's business's, as well as educate people about our club too.  He took Cooper yesterday for the day and felt a little bad, because no one was paying attention to Pat's lab dogs he had down there, that are champion hunting dogs..  everyone wanted to know about Cooper!!  LOL

Derek has met quite a few people, starting to make some connections and even helped confirm for 2 different people that the Boykin was the breed for them.  One guy from MT has been researching them; he and his family had determined they wanted a Boykin, but they had never seen one in person, so after a few minutes with Cooper, they were sold and are now even more excited to find a dog!!   Cooper came home exhausted..  long day.  He'll be staying home the rest of the week/weekend so Derek can focus more on helping Pat and less on showing off our awesome Coopey Dog!  :)

Baby-Making Status:  It has now been 3 months and my 3rd cycle is currently in progress, which means my body should be good to go.  It has been a loooong 3 month wait...  I am fairly certain I suffered from some depression during that time as I felt on the verge of tears on many occasions and was irritable..  finally one day I just realized I was most likely depressed.  I didnt call my doctor as I had a feeling that I just needed to get through this month and get myself pregnant again!  So we'll be working on that and hope to be sooner than later and I'm back to normal as I'm only crying when I watch movies with emotional scenes!  lol

No comments: