Friday, August 23, 2013

Its Starting to Sink in...

It took a couple weeks, but I'm finally able to mutter out "I'm pregnant" to people w/o feeling really awkward about it!  I still dont tell everyone I come across, they'll figure it out sooner or later..    :)

I'm definately "feeling" pregnant!  Long gone now are the days of staying up until 11pm to keep up on my weekly shows.. Heck I can barely make it to 8pm right now!  If I dont get atleast 9 hrs sleep, I'll be yawning all day and my body will really feel tired.  So my shows are falling behind and the DVR is piling up.  I want to ride, but dont find much energy to do more than want!  I am struggling to eat enough food, I know I need to be eating more, but I feel full all the time, so drinking and eating has been a chore.  I NEVER imagined I would feel that way about food!!  lol    And if I push too far beyond my "full" feeling to eat what I know I need to eat, then I hurt for hours..  and the peeing.. Oh man..  No wonder I need 9-10hrs sleep since I'm not getting solid sleep with having to pee every 1-3 hrs in the middle of the night..  lol   No denying I'm pregnant.

I guess you could say I'm lucky in that I've not had any sickness issues, but I definately have issues.  So I cant say mine are better than others cuz I feel like crap all the time and who's to say what symptoms are worse than others!  :)  Oh and did I forget to mention that I now drink twice daily a fiber supplement to keep myself regular!

One thing I will say is that I realize every day how lucky I am, because I could not ask for a better husband!  No Joking here..  Derek has been so attentive and really steps in and understands that although physically I'm not doing anything, it is hard work making this baby and he appreciates the sacrifice I am going through right now.  Any worries I may have had about the type of pregnancy husband he would be, are all 100% squashed.  I sometimes feel guilty with how well he's taking care of me, but I'm not complaining, I honestly love him more and more every day.  ;)  And I cant wait to watch him become a Daddy!

I had my first Dr appt a week ago, mostly just for history and see how I'm doing so far.  I have not met the doctor, that will come with my first ultrasound on 9/9.  Very excited for that.  Looking forward to having a better idea exactly how far along I really am.

This past weekend I went on our annual horse club Ladies Ride!  I had been looking forward to some me time, also realizing it might be my last camping trip for a while.  It rained for most of the day on Thursday when I arrived, so I set up my tarp awning first, getting drenched in the process, then sat for an hour to recover underneath!  There was only 1 other up there at the time and it was just easier to do it all myself than try to explain to someone else in the rain what I needed them to do.  Took me a few hours to get all set up, but I had a good thing going.  The rain quit that night and we were all snug and cozy.  I got in a couple 3 hr rides on Fri & Sat.  Hula was awesome!  She didnt disappoint.  Everyone seemed to like her, she got along with other horses and took care of me on the trail, cant ask for much more than that.  By Sunday, I was feeling really tired.  Got my camp packed up and headed out around 11.  Struggled a bit on the drive home, but stayed awake.  Got home and basically crashed for the rest of the day.  I had zero energy to do anything except lay on the couch and did not feel recovered until Tuesday.  This has been a very exhausting week, not sure if it was from my camping trip or just more symptoms of pregnancy fatigue kicking in.

And I've officially left WW  :(  Booooo..  Apparently they have this rule that pregnant women are not allowed to continue with their program, so I've been suspended for now.  Bummer as I really enjoyed the meetings and wanted to continue with that aspect of it.  I have not been following their point program since I discovered I was pregnant.  But I have 6 months of hard work in, I've lost 46 pounds and I dont intend on throwing that all away now.  The plan is to continue to eat healthy and since I had to give up cravings long ago, I hope to be able to hold strong when/if pregnancy cravings ever kick in!!  Baby weight is all this body plans to gain..  fingers crossed!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for all three of you :) Hang in there it gets much easier !