Thursday, June 20, 2013

I lost a Weekend

As I look back on my calendar to trigger my brain into remembering what we've been up to, I realize that 12 days ago I absolutely cannot recall what we did on that Saturday or Sunday!  I know it was something, or maybe it wasnt..  Not good when your memory is this bad already.

But I do know what we did this past weekend!  Fathers Day...  We celebrated on Saturday instead of Sunday so that Andrea could spend time with her family too.  Had a really nice BBQ at my parents, but the evening ended a bit oddly with the information that my mom had decided to share with us all about the tablecloth used for our outdoor dining that evening.  Not sure why she decided to share such disturbing information with us all or why she used that blanket to eat on, but it's an evening/moment I'll never forget..  good or bad, its a memory that causes me a lot of laughter and confusion in recap!!  :)

Sunday we had plans to hike the Snoqualmie Tunnel, part of the John Wayne Pioneers Trail.  The tunnel is the longest tunnel in the country for recreational use at 2.3 miles long!!  It was pretty cool though to hike it, but it does feel like your never going to get through it as you can see the other end of the tunnel as you hike along, its just a big bright light that takes forever for that light to start to grow.  The tunnel was built from 1912-1914 and it was maybe 36 degrees inside with a good wind running through.  Overall I think we hiked about 5 miles that day and I really enjoyed it.
The entrance heading Eastward

The entrance we used heading Westward

No comments: