Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hunt Test Weekend

It was a long, hot, fun, successful weekend!  Our retriever club hosted a Hunt Test on our training grounds in Monroe.  Another club, the Olympic Rainshadow HRC was the official club running the test, but our club did 1/2 the work and in the end, got a HUGE payoff because of it.  And I dont mean $ in the bank..  I mean that this test weekend was the largest Hunt Test attended this side of the Rocky Mountains!  We had 148 dogs entered over 2 days  :)  This awesome support of our grounds and hard work of those involved with our club and supporters, helped push the HRC in the direction of FINALLY accepting our clubs application for affiliation a week later..  It was a 4 year battle and it just feels Amazing!  There were many others involved in running this event than the ones pictured, but we were the last ones still hanging around at the end of the day on Sunday. 
Our club president Boyd & his wife Pam

 
Don & Anne West

Pete & Kate

Elroy & Lorri (Owners of Earl - Cooper's daddy)

I guess we had to get our pictures taken too!

Although we did not take Cooper to the event, we were too busy working, Derek did run home to get him Sunday afternoon to take advantage of another opportunity to get a picture with some other NW Boykineers!  Cooper sat patiently in the truck, just waiting to head back home.  Is he cute or what!  :)

6 of the 8 Boykins that were on the Test Grounds!

Cooper's brother Mace ran in his first 2 tests over the weekend.  Saturday was not a great day for Mace.. he struggled to bring the birds back and was probably quite confused on what this was all about.  Mace had never been to a test, or to any type of practices, just had real life field work.  We really had to encourage Jim to stay with us Saturday night and come back the next day, he felt a bit deflated I think.  But he was really glad he came back as Mace started to get the hang of what was expected and received a Started Pass on Sunday!  We were very proud of them both, as was Landon, Mace's real owner..  :)

I didnt realize just how exhausted and worn out I was until Monday afternoon at work.. I started to feel sick, my throat hurt pretty bad and I was becoming lethargic.  That evening I went to bed pretty early and didnt end up getting back out of bed until 5pm Tuesday afternoon!  19 hours was FAR too long to lay in bed sleeping the entire time as it took another 4 or so days for my back to recover!  lol

The positive was I lost 6.6 pounds that week at weigh in, then gained 2.6 the following week and now this week am back down 2.2   So its been a real WW rollercoaster, but overall now down 39lbs.  We had a sub last night at our Mtg and she helped me think more positive about weight gain..  Said we have about a 5lb bubble that surrounds us, because our bodies fluctuate from hour to hour on our weight, so as long as the bubble is gradually moving down, then dont sweat the small gains here/there!  I now have 31 pounds to loose in 4 months..  thats my short term goal I'm working towards.

No comments: